Claire Duchemin was born in Maine but grew up in the Orlando, Florida area. In 1977, she graduated from The Florida State University with a Bachelor of Science degree, magna cum laude. In 1980, she graduated with high honors, with her Juris Doctorate degree from The Florida State University College of Law. For more than thirty-eight years, she has been in private law practice in Tallahassee, Leon County, Florida and in the surrounding counties and cities. She is admitted to and has litigated cases at all levels of the state and federal court systems. A large part of her practice is devoted to estate planning and probate law.
Areas Of Practice
- Estate Planning and Probate 50%
- Complex Business or Estate Litigation 30%
- Transactional Matters - Real Estate and Business 20%
- Florida, 1980
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Florida, 1980
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit, 1984
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida, 1983
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1984
- Florida State University College of Law, Tallahassee, Florida
- Juris Doctor - 1980
- Honors: With High Honors
- Honors: Order of the Coif
- Florida State University, Tallahassee, Florida
- B.S. - 1977
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Baker v. Economic Research Services, Inc., 2018, 1st DCA, 2018 WL 1415501
- Bugware v. Williams, 2016, 1st DCA, 188 So. 3d 49
- Magnum Capital LLC v. Carter & Assoc. LLC, 2005, 1st DCA, 905 So. 2d 220
- Mambi Cheese Co. v. SIF Land, Inc., 2013, 1st DCA, 125 So. 3d 156
- The Denmark Group
- Sharon Richardson, CPA
- Alpha Foundation Specialists, Inc.
- Bugware, Inc.
- Independent Green Technologies, Inc.
- Smith Family Partnerships
- North Florida Financial Corporation
- Emerald Chase Homeowners Association
- Ultimate Image Auto, Inc.
- Direct Auto Exchange, Inc.
- Multiple Seminars on Trusts and Estate Planning presented with wealth management professionals for clients
- Estate Planning for the Retiring Practitioner, Florida Surveying and Mapping Society, 2009 to 2017
- Contracts and Proposals, Florida Surveying and Mapping Society, 2007 to 2013
- Testifying as an Expert, Florida Surveying and Mapping Society, 2009 (Co-presented with John “Jack” Breed)
- Professional Liability, Florida Surveying and Mapping Society, 2014
- “Inc., Ltd., LLC – What Does It Mean?, Florida Surveying and Mapping Society, 2013
- Liens and Collections and multiple other topics, Florida Surveying and Mapping Society, 1998 to 2016
- Regular guest lecturer at The Florida State University College of Business
Pro Bono Activities
- Volunteer, Probate & Guardianship Matters, Legal Services of North Florida
- Volunteer, VA Clinic The FSU College of Law